Happy Halloween

Tyce and Shay dressed up as Mickey and Minnie this year for Halloween. I'm not sure how many more costumes I'm going to get to choose for them, so I had to go with a matching theme this year :) I know I'm just a little bias, but I do have to say that these two were the cutest little Mickey and Minnie I've ever seen!

The Wednesday before Halloween, I took them to our gym for a Halloween party. We go to the gym every Tuesday for gymnastics, so they are familiar with the place, but were a little shy with all the extra people, costumes and commotion. Overall, I think they had fun, they just made sure to stay close to me :)

I know they look so serious in this picture, but this is the expression they get when they are being shy. Tyce is holding a bowling ball and Shay is holding one of the pins. Bowling was probably their favorite activity at the party.






























Aside from other fun activities, they went on their first trick-or-treating excursion (around the gym). I'm still not sure they knew why they were collecting these mysterious objects from strangers, but it was fun, nonetheless. Tyce and Shay didn't have any candy this year ... we figure they're better off without it and they really have no clue what they're 'missing out on' anyway ;) Besides, we know once they figure out what's in those mysterious little wrappers, there's no going back!

I LOVE this picture:








On Saturday morning before Halloween, we went to an event called, Barkfest, at Beaches Restuarant. Grandma Kathy, Uncle Nick, Aunt Rachael and Cousin Gracie all met us there for brunch followed by a pet parade featuring our very own little Sydney pumpkin as well as Gracie's dog, Roxy cow. Tyce and Shay wore their costumes, too, and had a great time! I'm so bummed I forgot my camera and didn't get any pictures :(

We had a pretty low-key Halloween this year. After church and naps, we took the kids to Janzen Beach for a 'horsey ride' on the carousel where they were able to check out all kinds of costumes. We then headed home so Tyce and Shay could hand out candy to trick-or-treaters before bedtime.













Papa came over to spend some time with us on Halloween, too! :)