Bonding Time with Grandma Dawn

Grandma Dawn came to visit for a little over a week. We had SUCH a fabulous time with her! As usual, when she visits I'm terrible at taking photos because I know that she's taking enough for the both of us and I can upload her pictures. The downside is that I never get enough pictures of her!

We got to do so many fun things...
We went to the zoo and rode on the train, which was Tycen and Shaylie's first train ride!

It was a perfect day at the zoo, not too hot and not too cold. All the animals were out and we got to see many of them up close. It was the first time that Tycen and Shaylie really observed the animals, which was so much fun to see. Of course we stopped by and saw the elephants, including baby Samudra, who is about the same age as Tyce and Shay.

The giraffe was eating dinner when we saw him, which was so neat because he was so close.

We saw the zebras, hippos, penguins, bears, warthogs, bats (my least favorite), tigers, gazelles, goats, and much more.

We also got to see the leopard for the first time. He was pacing by the window and kept saying 'hello' to Tyce and Shay Shay.

We also got to see a vulture, owl and hawk (as well as their dinner, a rat) up close.


We took the babies in to get their portraits done. I'll try to post some pictures when I get them. I never could've done this on my own so I was especially thankful to have grandma there.


We went downtown one day to Esther Short Park. We walked around and let the babies watch the toddlers and young children play in the water, which they love and I always make sure to do when I take them to the park. We pushed the babies in the swing and I took them down the slide for the first time. My mom and I enjoyed some gelato and grandma bought Tycen and Shaylie both a toy from the toy store.


We spent a day at the fair and got to see SO many animals including goats, cows, chickens, roosters, bunnies, llamas, and horses. We also watched the pigs race and the dogs do the long jump into the water. Tycen and Shaylie had a fabulous time and loved to see all the animals so close and hear all the animal sounds.

Shaylie made a friend while we were watching the doggie long jump.


My mom even watched the kids one night while Scott and I went out on a date :)
We always LOVE when Grandma Dawn comes to visit. She is such a huge help and just a joy to have around. We really miss her since she left and can't wait until her next visit! Come back soon, grandma! We love you!!