Pictures and updates

The twins are now 24 weeks old (12 weeks adjusted age). They bring us such joy and we just love to be with them everyday. They are really starting to figure out their hands and do a lot of reaching and holding on to things. They also love to suck on their hands and fingers, which is nice because they aren't as reliant on their binkies. They also are really starting to enjoy one another lately. They love to look at one another and watch eachother play. It just melts our hearts to see them smile and laugh at eachother :)

Last week I started to put them on a schedule, which has been really nice for me to be able to have a little bit of predictability to my day. Along with the schedule...the babies are sleeping SO much better!! Praise the LORD! All those who know and love me, know how much I love and need my sleep! Plus Scott has been so grateful since he's been waking up every night with the babies and me and also going to work everyday. Over the last week, the babies have been going to bed between 6:30 to 7:30 pm and waking up between 7:30 to 8 am. They wake up one to two times each to nurse in this 12-13 hour period, then they go right back to bed. This is an enormous accomplishment compared to what we were doing! It also gives me much more energy and patience during the day to be a better (and more rested) mommy :) Lets hope this is just the beginning of a good thing...like I said, it's only been about a week since we've started this new schedule. Oh, and they're now sleeping and taking naps in their cribs!


Here are some recent pictures:



Tycen:





Shaylie:




The babies caught a small cold last weekend. They actually have fought it off pretty quickly, but please pray that they will continue to fight it off completely. I bought a humidifier for their room, which seems to have helped. I haven't wanted to take them out much, though, until their colds are gone. I did try to take them out yesterday for a walk, it was a gorgeous bright blue sky when we left the house....we were on our way home, about 1/2 mile from our house when we got stuck in a mini monsoon that came out of nowhere. Luckily the babies stayed mostly dry, but I'm pretty sure I looked like a lunatic trying to jog home with one baby wrapped around my chest and the other one in the stroller (along with Sydney on a leash). Oh, well, I'm sure it won't be their last rainstorm here in the PNW!