Things They Say ...

Here are some funny Shay and Tycenisms from the past several months ...

Me: When I was pregnant with you both, I used to swim a lot.
Tyce: You must've sinken because two babies are really heavy!

Shay: Mom, look at how good this drawing is!
Me: Wow, you sure are great at drawing, Shay. That's a good one :)
Shay: I know.
(At least we know the girl is confident! ;)

Tyce: Hey look! There's grandma!! That girl isn't running very fast, just like grandma.
(Sorry, Grandma! I won't say which Grandma he was talking about ;)

Tyce: Everytime I have to toot, I put my hand on my bottom and toot on my hand.
Me: Why?
Tyce: Because it tickles! It's fun! (laughing)
Shay: Um, I don't really do that.
Tyce: I do!

Tyce: Aww, those are really cute undies you're wearing, mom!

(Playing doctor while I exercise on the treadmill in the office)
Shay: My mommy is exercising.
Tyce: Good for her! Then she will be really healthy. And really tall!

Tyce: Grace told me she wants to marry me (a girl in his preschool class)
Me: Oh, really? What did you think about that?
Tyce: Oh, greeeaaaaatttt!
Me: Haha, does that mean you don't want to marry her?
Tyce: No, I will.
Me: Oh, well, you have a lot of time before you need to decide who you will marry.
Tyce: Yeah, like till I'm 95?
Me: Um....maybe a little before then :)

(After talking about Jesus' miracles written in the Bible in the morning, driving later that afternoon)
Me: You know what is a miracle? You are (Tyce and Shay). You know how you were born so tiny? It's a miracle that you lived and are so healthy. A lot of babies that are born that early don't live or they get very sick. God performed a miracle with you and protected you.
Tyce: (thinking) So... am I always a miracle?
Me: Yes, you are.
Tyce: So...can I walk on water?

Shay: How come you and daddy didn't get married again before you had Alyssa? You're supposed to get married, have a baby, get married again, have another baby. You always have to get married before you have a baby.

Tyce: Falling down the stairs on your birthday is not fun, right mom?!

Shay: I wish I had boobies like yours.
Me: Why?
Shay: Because I like them. They're so cute!
Me: (trying not to laugh) God made you very special and wants you to have your boobies, not anyone else's.
(Later in the day)
Shay: I still want your boobies. They have bumps. Look! Mine are just tiny. I won't be able to give my baby milk when I am a mommy!
Me: (proceeded to go into a little more detail about body changes as we get older :)

(Teaching Tyce about his upcoming basketball game ... I mention that he will take turns playing with the other boys on his team and when his coach tells him it's time for substitutes ...)
Tyce: (laughing) That's so funny, mom! Substitutes? It has the word toots!!
(Oh, boy, can't get anything past him! ;)

(After explaining to Shay that Stef/Oma is my step-mom)
Shay: Step?!??!!! Oh, yeah, like she's really mean to you? ...like Cinderella's step-mom?

(Tyce is very opinionated about girl's hair length and often makes comments about his preference ... he likes long hair)
Tyce: I think she's gonna have short hair (talking about a kindergarten teacher)
Me: Yeah. I have short hair, bud.
Tyce: Well, I like it in the shower (I had just gotten out of the shower during this conversation). It looks prettier when it's all wet. I like dark and a little bit of grey ... A little bit of skin color.

Tyce: That is so weird! How do you pull a baby out of your 'bagina'? Maybe you just poop it out. First the poop comes out and then the baby comes out.

Tyce: I don't want Grandpa Nibs to die. He says, "Toodaledoo, toodaledoo" (it's true, he does this often :). It's really funny!

(Headed to basketball practice with Tyce)
Tyce: (looking at his basketball) Mom, what does NBA spell?
Me: It's an acronym, the N stands for National, B stands for Basketball, A stands for Association. The Blazers play in the NBA ... All the professional teams play in the NBA.
Tyce: Is my team in the NBA?
Me: Not yet, buddy :)

Shay: When I grow up, I'm going to live in a house that's right next door to you, mom ... If it's a free house.