Our first week home as a family of 5...
Alyssa's first night at home...just 2 days old!
She's been such a delightful, happy baby since the day she was born! Oh, I just love her to pieces!!
We went to Tycen and Shaylie's first soccer game the morning after Alyssa came home (3 days old). I was feeling pretty good, but didn't expect the uneven grass to be so painful to walk on (it's amazing how such a small thing can really work your core and we don't even realize it)! I know I was probably over-doing it since I technically should've still been in the hospital, but I really didn't want to miss Tyce and Shay's FIRST organized sports game ever! :)

It was nice to get some fresh air and we were so thankful for the sunny weather!!

Scott got to take a week off work and spent most of the time entertaining Tycen and Shaylie while I mostly stayed home, snuggled and nursed my sweet baby and recuperated from my surgery. Here they are playing at the Luke Jensen park...
Tycen and Shaylie are so proud of their little sister. The first week they were especially excited to be around her and give her lots and lots of love.


I was in heaven holding my little baby girl and never wanted to put her down (...and still don't!! :) Scott was a really good sport about it but would joke that I was a 'baby hog.'
Tummy time:
Most of my days were spent holding and admiring our new little angel. I pretty much only put her down when I wanted to take a picture of her. My love for her is so deep already and I fall more and more in love with her each moment I spend holding and bonding with her. She truly brings me so much joy!
Daddy snuggles! (and proof that I did pass her off from time to time :)
Alyssa had squishy cheeks from the beginning...and they just got squishier and squishier :) I had the same cheeks as a baby!
Of all three of our kids, Alyssa looks most like my baby pictures.
On Monday, September 10, I had my post-partem check-up. At 5 days old, Alyssa was just 1-2 ounces under her birth weight, which is excellent...they like babies to be back up to their birth weight by their 2-week check-up! When we left the hospital she was 6 lbs 14 ounces.
I told the nurse at my post-partem visit that I was feeling light-headed at times and she asked if I was taking my iron pills. Well, it turns out they forgot to prescribe them for me and it never even crossed my mind that of course, I'd need to be taking iron after losing so much blood. I went straight from my appointment to the pharmacy to get some, but it took a good 2 weeks before the light-headedness/dizziness went away. It was probably a combination of being super tired (even though I honestly didn't ever feel that tired, other than when I was in the hospital) and having low iron, but I wasn't able to drive until the dizziness was gone. THANKFULLY, I had help for the first two weeks after Alyssa was born, or I'm not sure what I'd have done!
Emily came to meet Alyssa :) She also brought us dinner...thanks, M!!
Alyssa's first bath at home! Tycen and Shaylie washed her feet :) They are such great little helpers!!
Alyssa has always liked her baths...she is seriously such a wonderful baby, so easy going :)
Lyssie with the love birds and heart pillow I made her while I was pregnant and her first doll, Lucy :) When I bought it I thought it'd probably look like her someday, but we'll see if Alyssa ends up getting blond hair or not.
Scott went to work for a few hours on Friday, September 14th. Grandma Jan had flown into town the night before and drove me and the kids to Baskin Robbins while she went to the grocery store. This was my first outing with just me and my three kiddos!
It seemed easy enough but turned out to be a bit of a challenge after Tyce opened the door over his toe and scraped a huge piece of skin off, which started bleeding like crazy...ah, the life of a parent, you always have to be ready to expect the unexpected! He had a hard time getting over his owie and I had a hard time helping him while holding and feeding a tiny infant :/ This was only confirmation that taking care of 3 kids was definitely going to be an adjustment! :)
Before the toe incident...all smiles! :)
Shaylie took this picture of me while feeding Alyssa:
Our little sleeping beauty...
Our first week home was great overall! I found myself feeling great and doing too much, only to reap the repercussions and then have to take it easy the following day. After our first week, things started to get very busy with the start of preschool and Tycen and Shaylie's 4th birthday party! Lots of new beginnings in September 2012...a bit of a whirlwind but a time I will never forget!
'Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.' --Isaiah 41:10
'I can do all things through him who strengthens me.' --Philippians 4:13
'The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him.' --Psalm 28:7










































