Happy 3rd Birthday!!!

We had a very special birthday celebration for Tycen and Shaylie this year! Their birthday was on a Friday so Scott took the day off work. Grandma Jan flew into town on Thursday night and Tyce and Shay were overjoyed to get a great big birthday hug from their grandma first thing in the morning!

We made the kids a special breakfast for their birthday, blueberry Mickey/Minnie Mouse pancakes (the theme for their birthday party this year was Mickey/Minnie Mouse).




























After breakfast, they opened a few of their presents:






















Tycen's present from Shaylie:












He was excited to find what he'd been asking for, an ambulance:












Shaylie's present from Tycey:












A new baby doll, Sadie (this girl loves her baby dolls :)




















And cute little butterfly wings:












Opening their present from Mommy and Daddy:













New appliances for their kitchen: a coffee maker, blender and toaster




















Grandma Jan got them these electric toothbrushes since they're always so impressed with hers when she comes up to visit:







Mommy and Daddy with our little 3 year-old prides of joy:







After breakfast and presents, we took the kids to an amazing park in Brush Prairie, Washington that we'd never been to before, Alderbrook Park:







This park had so many things to do! The first we did was the bounce houses:














Even Mommy and Grandma Jan joined in on the bouncing fun! :)




















We were so happy to have Daddy with us on this special day!







After the bounce houses, we went on a little train ride:








Then we had a picnic lunch near this cute little pond:















It was pretty amazing feeding the fish (trout) in the pond, there were tons of them and they'd all jump out of the water to get the fish food, the kids loved it:















It took a lot of convincing, but we finally talked the kids into going on a paddle boat ride:













Haha, doesn't Shaylie look thrilled?! ...She told us she had a lot of fun when it was all over :)













This park even had a maze:







Playing on the big pirate ship:















Miss Shaylie loves the swings and is getting really good at pumping her legs to go higher:


















After playing on the little playground, we headed to the mini-golf area but it must've been shut down for maintenance because we couldn't find any putters or golf balls. The park also had a little swimming pool, but the weather wasn't quite warm enough for swimming. We couldn't believe all this park had to offer and even though I wished I'd have discovered it sooner, it was pretty special to bring the kids here for the first time on their birthday!

The kids took naps when we got home and then got to open a couple more presents from Mommy and Daddy before dinner:












A new microphone:












And an electric drum set:





















Grandma Jan made one of our favorite dinners: tofu stir fry (and yes, it's even one of Scott's favorites, too! :)









After dinner, Grandma Kathy and Papa came over:







They brought with them a lot of gifts including a bunch of new adorable clothes for fall, which was greatly needed since all their 2T pants and long sleeved shirts were about 2" too short :)






















Uncle Nick, Aunt Rachael and Gracie came over after dinner to help us celebrate Tycen and Shaylie's birthday, too!









After the kids opened their presents, we all had homemade strawberry shortcake and ice cream:













I love these pictures of Shaylie and the cute little face she makes when she's trying not to smile :)





































September 16th will forever be one of my very favorite days. It is the day that the Lord blessed me with the two of the greatest gifts I have ever received. I'm not sure that I'll ever celebrate Tycen and Shaylie's birthday and the days leading up to it without spending a lot of time thinking about their actual birthday in 2008 and the days that lead up to it. I fully and humbly recognize what a miracle it is that both Tycen and Shaylie beat all the odds and are thriving, healthy 3 year-olds today, despite their challenging and very frightening entrance into this world.

Tycen and Shaylie, you have my whole heart and there isn't a thing I wouldn't do for you. God planned every detail of your life long before you were born...and with the impactful entrance you made into this world, I am certain He has nothing but big plans for you before you leave this world. I pray that you will always use and trust in His strength and not your own. For He has greater plans for us than we could ever imagine for ourselves. I look forward to seeing your stories unfold... day by day and year by year. How blessed I am to be your mommy!

"My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts," says the LORD. "And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine." --Isaiah 55:8
*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." --Jeremiah 29:11